Martha Graham (1894- 1991) was an American dancer and choreographer whose influence on modern dance has been compared to Picasso’s influence on visual art. She worked as a dancer and choreographer for more than seventy years. Graham received many awards for her contributions to dance including the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Read more about her amazing life HERE.
- Some men have thousands of reasons why they cannot do what they want to, when all they need is one reason why they can.
- The only sin is mediocrity.
- There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening, that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique.
- Dance is the hidden language of the soul of the body.
- ‘Age’ is the acceptance of a term of years. But maturity is the glory of years.
The older I get, the more this nerdy chick appreciates that last quote. Especially the word glory!