This week I am highlighting quotes from Jane Goodall, in part because this week’s interviewee, Audrey Williams, suggested a quote by her for the original Quotable Nerdy Chick page. And the first interviewee, Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen, has written a biography about her. And let’s not forget that she’s even mentioned in THE BOY PROJECT.
Jane Goodall is acknowledged as the world’s most authoritative primatologist. I have long been an admirer of hers. I saw an interview with her a few years ago and was amazed at her humble and extremely compassionate nature. Two things she said in the interview have stuck with me for years. When asked what her most amazing accomplishment was, she said that having her son was amazing. Wow. This woman who has done so many things the rest of us only dream of could site something that so many take for granted as amazing! She also said it was up to those who could afford to liver more greenly to do it, because sometimes living green is not the most cost effective way to live. Here are some more wonderful things Jane Goodall has said:
Jane Goodall Quotes:
- If you really want something, and really work hard, and take advantage of opportunities, and never give up, you will find a way.
- That I did not fail was due in part to patience….
- The least I can do is speak out for those who cannot speak for themselves.
- Especially now when views are becoming more polarized, we must work to understand each other across political, religious and national boundaries.
- “What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
Are you surprised that I didn’t include any quotes about animals? There are plenty of them, but that was on purpose. Because I think it is the philosophy she expresses in the quotes above that drive her to live in the admirable way in which she lives. But okay, here is one more.
- If we kill off the wild, then we are killing a part of our souls.
Food for thought, nerdy chicks! To see other Nerdy Chick Quotes click HERE. I will be adding to this list weekly… but only one quote per chick!