So today I really wanted to select a female rocker to feature on the Quotable Nerdy Chick in honor of the release of SO YOU WANT TO BE A ROCK STAR by Audrey Vernick, and I discovered it was harder than I thought to find one whose quotes spoke to me. But I found one, probably because she was on my mind after hearing one of her songs on American Idol this week. And when I heard it sung by the contestant, all I could say to my husband was, “Why would ANYONE put themselves in the position of being compared to Annie Lennox?” So, in my search for female rocker quotes I ended up at Annie Lennox and I liked so much of what she had to say that it was hard to narrow it down to five quotes. But here are five of my favorites:
Annie Lennox Quotes
- Ask yourself: Have you been kind today? Make kindness your daily modus operandi and change your world.
- Dying is easy, it’s living that scares me to death.
- Music is an extraordinary vehicle for expressing emotion – very powerful emotions. That’s what draws millions of people towards it. And, um, I found myself always going for these darker places and – people identify with that.
- When you’re that successful, things have a momentum, and at a certain point you can’t really tell whether you have created the momentum or it’s creating you.
- The future hasn’t happened yet and the past is gone. So I think the only moment we have is right here and no, and I try to make the best of those moments, the moments that I’m in.
I’m going to try to take that last quote to heart. Living in the moment has always been hard for me, but it is often crucial to happiness.
Annie Lennox, who many of us knew as half of the Eurythmics, is the most recognized female artist of the Brit Awards. She is also a humanitarian and social activist. Last year she received an Order of the British Empire from Queen Elizabeth II for her humanitarian work.
If you want to know how to be a rock star, you can enter this giveaway for what is sure to become the Rock Star manual HERE.