Ursla K. Le Guin is an award winning writer of science fiction. A master of creating worlds with words, her awards include the Newberry Honor, The National Book Award, and the World Fantasy Award and many others. Because her website is so fantastic, I feel inadequate telling you more. Find out more about this brilliant woman HERE.
I simply could not decide on only 5 quotes from Ursula K. LeGuin, so now I am abandoning the idea of limiting featured quotes to five altogether. I will try to pick fewer than 10 quotes each week… we’ll see how long I can stick to that!
Ursula K. Le Guin Quotes
- The creative adult is the child who has survived.
- It had never occurred to me before that music and thinking are so much alike. In fact you could say music is another way of thinking, or maybe thinking is another kind of music.
- It is above all by the imagination that we achieve perception and compassion and hope.
- Love does not just sit there, like a stone; it had to be made, like bread, remade all the time, made new.
- My imagination makes me human and makes me a fool; it gives me all the world and exiles me from it.
- The only questions that really matter are the ones you ask yourself.
- It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end.
This time, I can’t pick a favorite quote. I love them all.