Because this week’s post was about motivation, I wanted to choose a female motivational speaker to highlight for the Quoteable Nerdy Chick. I looked at the words of many of them, then I stumbled upon Oprah Winfrey and looked no further. She should need no introduction. Oprah Winfrey (b. 1954) is an American celebrity who has motivated millions. You can find out more about her life at her official website HERE. Keep reading to enjoy some of her motivational and inspirational quotes.
Oprah Winfrey Quotes:
- Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.
- As you become more clear about who you really are, you’ll be better able to decide what is best for you – the first time around.
- Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.
- Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.
- Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.
- For everyone of us that succeeds, it’s because there’s somebody there to show you the way out.
- I don’t believe in failure. It is not failure if you enjoyed the process.
- I don’t think you ever stop giving. I really don’t. I think it’s an on-going process. And it’s not just about being able to write a check. It’s being able to touch somebody’s life.
- Books were my pass to personal freedom. I learned to read at age three, and soon discovered there was a whole world to conquer that went beyond our farm in Mississippi.
- I feel that luck is preparation meeting opportunity.