Mother Teresa (1910 – 1997) was baptized Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu as a baby. She spent most of her adult life in India helping the poor, but people around the world know her name – a name that has become synonymous with compassion and selflessness. She won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979 for her humanitarian work. There is much more to be said about who she was and what she achieved! Read more about her life HERE.
Mother Teresa Quotes:
- Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
- Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do… but how much love we put in that action.
- Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
- We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
- Intense love does not measure, it just gives.
Given so many recent violent tragedies, I am left wondering what the world would be like if we could all love in the way Mother Teresa did, intensely. And I’m hoping that we will see more love than hatred in the world in 2013.