Indira Gandhi (1917-1984) was the third prime minister of India. Her father was India’s first prime minister. She served from 1966-1977 and again from 1980 until she was assassinated in 1984. Find out more about her life and her service to her country HERE.
The quotes that follow are some of my favorite quotes that we’ve featured yet.
Indira Gandhi Quotes:
- My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition.
- People tend to forget their duties but remember their rights.
- Martyrdom does not end something, it is only a beginning.
- You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist.
- I don’t mind if my life goes in the service of the nation. If I die today every drop of my blood will invigorate the nation.
It is amazing how people never change. I love the second quote. So appropriate, even today!