Tina Fey (b. 1970) is an American comedian, writer, and producer. I’ve been a fan since first seeing her on Saturday Night Live. This week marked the final episode 😦 of 30 Rock, a show Fey wrote for and starred in. The list of awards she has received for writing and acting is very long and includes Emmys, Golden Globes, and People’s Choice Awards. To find out more about this smart, funny woman click HERE.
Tina Fey Quotes:
- Mary Tyler Moore was a working woman whose story lines were not always about dating and men. They were about work and friendships and relationships, which is what I feel my adult life has mostly been about.
- Somewhere around the fifth or seventh grade I figured out I could ingratiate myself to people by making them laugh. Essentially, I was just trying to make them like me. But after a while it became part of my identity.
- Being a mom has made me so tired. And so happy.
- I became immersed in the cult of improvisation. I was like one of those athletes trying to get into the Olympics. It was all about blind focus. I was so sure that I was doing exactly what I’d been put on this earth to do, and I would have done anything to make it onto that stage.
- Confidence is ten percent hard work and ninety percent delusion.
- Don’t worry about trying to change opinions. Do your thing and don’t care if they like it.
I love what she says about confidence… and even though I think it’s probably a true statement, I cling to the delusion!