Isak Dinesen is the pen name use by Karen Blixen (1885-1962). She was a Danish author and explorer. She is best known for her autobiographical book, Out of Africa, about her time in Kenya. To find more interesting facts click HERE. Isak Dinesen Quotes:
- The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea.
- When you have a great and difficult task, something perhaps almost impossible, if you only work a little at a time, every day a little, suddenly the work will finish itself.
- The entire being of a woman is a secret which should be kept.
- To be a person is to have a story to tell.
- Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before, how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever…
How much do you love that first quote? I think it might be my new favorite!
*Photo Credit: Library of Congress, Prints & Photographs Division, Carl Van Vechten Collection, [reproduction number, e.g., LC-USZ62-54231]
It IS a great one, Kami 🙂 I LOVE quotes! I collect them 🙂 Here are a few of my favorites:
These first two are “brothers” and so much a part of me (as are the rest):
Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it.
Right is right, even if everyone is against it; and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time we are given.
– Gandalf to Frodo, The Fellowship of the Ring (movie)
Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions, they become habits. Watch your habits, they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
– Frank Outlaw
Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
– Winston Churchill
Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald
I like nonsense; it wakes up the brain cells.
The true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good.
Oh, I could go on and on and on! lol
Thanks Girls! And great list Donna! And you’ve reminded me we haven’t done Ann Landers yet! soon…
That salt water quote may be my new favorite quote as well!