Isak Dinesen is the pen name use by Karen Blixen (1885-1962). She was a Danish author and explorer. She is best known for her autobiographical book, Out of Africa, about her time in Kenya. To find more interesting facts click HERE. Isak Dinesen Quotes:
- The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea.
- When you have a great and difficult task, something perhaps almost impossible, if you only work a little at a time, every day a little, suddenly the work will finish itself.
- The entire being of a woman is a secret which should be kept.
- To be a person is to have a story to tell.
- Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before, how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever…
How much do you love that first quote? I think it might be my new favorite!
*Photo Credit: Library of Congress, Prints & Photographs Division, Carl Van Vechten Collection, [reproduction number, e.g., LC-USZ62-54231]