Vera Wang (b. 1949) is an American fashion designer. A former figure skater, she started her design career in 1971 with Vogue magazine and then worked as a design director for Ralph Lauren. Wang has been awarded many honors including being named Womenswear Designer of the Year by The Council of Fashion Designers of America. Celebrities such as Halle Berry and Meg Ryan have worn her designs. To learn more about this fabulous designer click HERE.
Vera Wang Quotes:
- Ready-to-wear is what I’ve wanted to do since the beginning…I’m not a girl who spends my life in a ballgown
- A woman is never sexier than when she is comfortable in her clothes.
- As the mother of two daughters, I have great respect for women. And I don’t ever want to lose that.
- Design is about point of view, and there should be some sort of woman or lifestyle or attitude in one’s head as a designer.
- When you have a passion for something then you tend not only to be better at it, but you work harder at it too.
Every time I see a Vera Wang dress I love it. What an eye for line she has! And I agree with what she says about passion too….
…when you’re passionate about your work, you enjoy it, too! It makes “work” feel like “play.” 😀