When I read A Room of One’s Own in college, I truly believed Virginia Woolf was talking directly to me. In fact, when I lived in London, I would sometimes walk by her childhood home at at 22 Hyde Park Gate in Kensington, in the hopes that inspiration would wash over me. One of the greatest novelists of the twentieth century, Virginia is both extremely nerdy and completely quotable.
Quotes from Virginia Woolf:
- “For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.”
- “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- “Every secret of a writer’s soul, every experience of his life, every quality of his mind is written large in his works.”
- “Women have served all these centuries as looking glasses possessing the power of reflecting the figure of man at twice its natural size.”
- “If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people.”
Learn more about Virgina HERE.